VISA/ENTRY (WORK) PERMIT A visitor is given single journey visa to Uganda and on arrival he/she is issued with a visitor’s pass for purposes of either spending a holiday, traveling, or investigating the possibilities of caring on any business, trade or profession in Uganda (see fact sheet on visas for fees and countries exempted).
Please bring spare passport photographs.
Multiple entry visas can be granted to business executives, who expect to make numerous visits either for business meetings or organization.
Entry Permit Classes:
A Persons in Government services, UN organizations, OAU, PTA and other Institutions approved by the minister.
A Contracting companies of the for said organizations
B-F Investors in various disciplines
Investors and employees are required by law to execute a security bond equivalent to the cost of a single economy class ticket to their country of origin. The money if necessary, is used for purposes of defraying expenses incurred or may be incurred by the Government in connection with maintenance and/or repatriation of the person of whom the deposit ahs been made.
No entry permit fee is charged for class A1.
For all other classes, the payments at published rates are made in foreign currency or its equivalent in local currency. Renewals of entry permits are provided at annual rates.
Effective March 1, 1999, Government of Uganda introduced visa requirements for all visitors entering Uganda. Therefore; –
- All foreigners travelling to Uganda will be required to obtain visas from Uganda Diplomatic and Consular missions abroad prior to their travel.
- Visas can be obtained at entry point in cases where foreign nationals cannot access a Uganda Diplomatic and Consular missions abroad.
At present, the following fees are being charged;
- Student visa US$ 20
- Single entry visa US$ 30
- Transit visa US$ 15
- Multiple entry visa (6 months) US$ 85
- Multiple entry visa (12 months) US$ 160
Visas requirements for countries are based on a reciprocal arrangement.
The following countries are exempt:
East African citizens
- Nationals of COMESA countries (Angola, Comoros, Eritrea, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Madagascar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Other countries e.g. Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Fiji, Gambia, Grenada, Jamaica, Lesotho, Malta, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands.